- Enable the YouTrack integration
- Disable the internal issue tracker
- Referencing YouTrack issues in GitLab
JetBrains YouTrack is a web-based issue tracking and project management platform.
You can configure YouTrack as an External Issue Tracker in GitLab.
To enable YouTrack integration in a project:
- Navigate to the project’s Settings > Integrations page.
Click the YouTrack service, ensure it’s active, and enter the required details on the page as described in the table below.
Field Description Description Name for the issue tracker (to differentiate between instances, for example). Project url URL to the project in YouTrack which is being linked to this GitLab project. Issues url URL to the issue in YouTrack project that is linked to this GitLab project. Note that the Issues url requires
:idin the URL. This ID is used by GitLab as a placeholder to replace the issue number.
- Click the Save changes button.
Once you have configured and enabled YouTrack, you’ll see the YouTrack link on the GitLab project pages that takes you to the appropriate YouTrack project.
To disable the internal issue tracker in a project:
- Navigate to the project’s Settings > General page.
- Expand the permissions section and switch the Issues toggle to disabled.
Issues in YouTrack can be referenced as
must start with a letter and is followed by letters, numbers, or underscores.
<ID> is a number. An example reference is
<PROJECT>-<ID> in merge requests, commits, or comments are automatically linked to the YouTrack issue URL.
For more information, see the External Issue Tracker documentation.