After you enable the custom issue tracker, a link to the issue tracker displays on the left sidebar in your project.
To enable a custom issue tracker in a project:
- On the top bar, select Menu > Projects and find your project.
- On the left sidebar, select Settings > Integrations.
- Select Custom issue tracker.
- Select the checkbox under Enable integration.
Fill in the required fields:
- Project URL: The URL to view all the issues in the custom issue tracker.
Issue URL: The URL to view an issue in the custom issue tracker. The URL must contain
:id. GitLab replaces
:idwith the issue number (for example,
https://customissuetracker.com/project-name/:id, which becomes
- New issue URL: This URL is not used and an issue exists to remove it. Enter any URL.
- Optional. Select Test settings.
- Select Save changes.
You can reference issues in a custom issue tracker using:
<ID>is a number (for example,
<PROJECT>starts with a capital letter, followed by capital letters, numbers, or underscores.
<ID>is a number.
<PROJECT> part is ignored in links, which always point to the address specified in Issue URL.
We suggest using the longer format (
<PROJECT>-<ID>) if you have both internal and external issue
trackers enabled. If you use the shorter format, and an issue with the same ID exists in the
internal issue tracker, the internal issue is linked.