This service adds commit messages as comments to Pivotal Tracker stories.
Once enabled, commit messages are checked for square brackets containing a hash mark followed by
the story ID (for example,
[#555]). Every story ID found gets the commit comment added to it.
You can also close a story with a message containing:
You can use any of these words:
Read more about the Source Commits endpoint in the Pivotal Tracker API documentation.
See also the Pivotal Tracker integration API documentation.
In Pivotal Tracker, create an API token.
Complete these steps in GitLab:
- On the top bar, select Main menu > Projects and find your project.
- On the left sidebar, select Settings > Integrations.
- Select Pivotal Tracker.
- Ensure that the Active toggle is enabled.
- Paste the token you generated in Pivotal Tracker.
- Optional. To restrict this setting to specific branches, list them in the Restrict to branch field, separated with commas.
- Select Save changes or optionally select Test settings.