- GitHub Project Integration
GitLab provides integration for updating pipeline statuses on GitHub. This is especially useful if using GitLab for CI/CD only.
This integration requires a GitHub API token with
repo:status access granted:
- Go to your "Personal access tokens" page at https://github.com/settings/tokens
- Click "Generate New Token"
- Ensure that
repo:statusis checked and click "Generate token"
- Copy the generated token to use on GitLab
- Navigate to the project you want to configure.
- Navigate to the Integrations page
- Click "GitHub".
- Select the "Active" checkbox.
- Paste the token you've generated on GitHub
- Enter the path to your project on GitHub, such as "https://github.com/your-name/YourProject/"
- Save or optionally click "Test Settings".