This integration adds commit messages as comments to Asana tasks.
Once enabled, commit messages are checked for Asana task URLs (for example,
https://app.asana.com/0/123456/987654) or task IDs starting with
#987654). Every task ID found gets the commit comment added to it.
You can also close a task with a message containing:
You can use either of these words:
See also the Asana integration API documentation.
In Asana, create a Personal Access Token. Learn about Personal Access Tokens in Asana.
Complete these steps in GitLab:
- On the top bar, select Main menu > Projects and find your project.
- On the left sidebar, select Settings > Integrations.
- Select Asana.
- Ensure that the Active toggle is enabled.
- Paste the token you generated in Asana.
- Optional. To restrict this setting to specific branches, list them in the Restrict to branch field, separated with commas.
- Select Save changes or optionally select Test settings.