- Configure GitLab
- Security considerations
- Enable the integration in fastlane
Apple App Store
Introduced in GitLab 15.8 with a flag named
apple_app_store_integration. Disabled by default.
Generally available in GitLab 15.10. Feature flag
This feature is part of Mobile DevOps developed by GitLab Incubation Engineering. The feature is still in development, but you can:
With the Apple App Store integration, you can configure your CI/CD pipelines to connect to App Store Connect to build and release apps for iOS, iPadOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS.
The Apple App Store integration works out of the box with fastlane. You can also use this integration with other build tools.
An Apple ID enrolled in the Apple Developer Program is required to enable this integration.
GitLab supports enabling the Apple App Store integration at the project level. Complete these steps in GitLab:
- In the Apple App Store Connect portal, generate a new private key for your project by following these instructions.
- On the top bar, select Main menu > Projects and find your project.
- On the left sidebar, select Settings > Integrations.
- Select Apple App Store.
- Turn on the Active toggle under Enable Integration.
- Provide the Apple App Store Connect configuration information:
- Issuer ID: The Apple App Store Connect issuer ID.
- Key ID: The key ID of the generated private key.
- Private Key: The generated private key. You can download this key only once.
- Protected branches and tags only: Enable to only set variables on protected branches and tags.
- Select Save changes.
After the Apple App Store integration is activated:
- The global variables
$APP_STORE_CONNECT_API_KEY_IS_KEY_CONTENT_BASE64are created for CI/CD use.
$APP_STORE_CONNECT_API_KEY_KEYcontains the Base64 encoded Private Key.
CI/CD variable security
Malicious code pushed to your
.gitlab-ci.yml file could compromise your variables, including
$APP_STORE_CONNECT_API_KEY_KEY, and send them to a third-party server. For more details, see
CI/CD variable security.
Enable the integration in fastlane
To enable the integration in fastlane and upload a TestFlight or public App Store release, you can add the following code to your app’s