You can limit the number of concurrent operations the sites can run in the background.
Changing the sync/verification concurrency values
On the primary site:
- On the top bar, select Main menu > Admin.
- On the left sidebar, select Geo > Sites.
- Select Edit of the secondary site you want to tune.
Under Tuning settings, there are several variables that can be tuned to improve the performance of Geo:
- Repository synchronization concurrency limit
- File synchronization concurrency limit
- Container repositories synchronization concurrency limit
- Verification concurrency limit
Increasing the concurrency values increases the number of jobs that are scheduled. However, this may not lead to more downloads in parallel unless the number of available Sidekiq threads is also increased. For example, if repository synchronization concurrency is increased from 25 to 50, you may also want to increase the number of Sidekiq threads from 25 to 50. See the Sidekiq concurrency documentation for more details.