GitLab supports native Unicode emojis and falls back to image-based emojis selectively when your platform does not support it.
- Update the
fixtures/emojis/index.jsonfrom Gemojione. In the future, we could grab the file directly from the gem. We should probably make a PR on the Gemojione project to get access to all emojis after being parsed or just a raw path to the
emoji-unicode-versionis up to date with the latest version.
bundle exec rake gemojione:aliases
bundle exec rake gemojione:digests
bundle exec rake gemojione:sprite
- Ensure new sprite sheets generated for 1x and 2x
- Ensure you see new individual images copied into
- Ensure you can see the new emojis and their aliases in the GFM Autocomplete
- Ensure you can see the new emojis and their aliases in the award emoji menu
- You might need to add new emoji Unicode support checks and rules for platforms
that do not support a certain emoji and we need to fallback to an image.