Workspace will be above the top-level namespaces for you to manage everything you can do as a GitLab administrator, including:
- Defining and applying settings to all of your groups, subgroups, and projects.
- Aggregating data from all your groups, subgroups, and projects.
The functionality in the Admin Area of self-managed installations will be split up and go to:
- Groups (available in the Workspace, Top-level group namespaces, and Sub-groups)
- Hardware Controls (for functionality that does not apply to groups)
Our goal is to reach feature parity between SaaS and Self-Managed installations, with all Admin Area settings moving to either:
- Workspace (contains features relevant to both GitLab-managed and self-managed installations) with a dedicated Settings menu available within the left navigation bar.
- Hardware controls (only contains features relative to Self-Managed installations, with one per installation).
The following provide a preview to the Workspace concept.