Introduced in GitLab 12.7.
The License list allows you to see your project’s licenses and key details about them.
For the licenses to appear under the license list, the following requirements must be met:
- You must be generating an SBOM file with components from one of our one of our supported languages.
- If using our
Dependency-Scanning.gitlab-ci.ymltemplate to generate the SBOM file, then your project must use at least one of the supported languages and package managers.
Alternatively, licenses will also appear under the license list when using our deprecated
License-Scanning.gitlab-ci.yml template as long as the following requirements are met:
- The License Compliance CI/CD job must be enabled for your project.
- Your project must use at least one of the supported languages and package managers.
When everything is configured, on the left sidebar, select Security & Compliance > License Compliance.
The licenses are displayed, where:
- Name: The name of the license.
- Component: The components which have this license.
- Policy Violation: The license has a license policy marked as Deny.