- Create users on sign-in page
- Create users in Admin Area
- Create users through authentication integrations
- Create users through the Rails console
You can create users:
- Manually through the sign-in page.
- Manually in the Admin Area.
- Manually using the API.
- Automatically through user authentication integrations.
Users can create their own accounts by either:
- Selecting the Register now link on the sign-in page.
- Navigating to your GitLab instance’s sign-up link. For example:
- You must have administrator access for the instance.
To create a user manually:
- On the top bar, select Main menu > Admin.
- On the left sidebar, select Overview > Users (
- Select New user.
- Complete the fields.
- Select Create user.
- Automatically created upon first sign in with the LDAP integration.
- Created when first signing in using an OmniAuth provider if
allow_single_sign_onsetting is present.
- Created when first signing with Group SAML.
- Automatically created by SCIM when the user is created in the identity provider.
To create a user through the Rails console:
- Start a Rails console session.
Run the following commands:
u = User.new(username: 'test_user', email: 'email@example.com', name: 'Test User', password: 'password', password_confirmation: 'password') u.skip_confirmation! # Use it only if you wish user to be automatically confirmed. If skipped, user receives confirmation e-mail u.save!