Users are locked after ten failed sign-in attempts. These users remain locked:
- For 10 minutes, after which time they are automatically unlocked.
- Until an administrator unlocks them from the Admin Area or the command line in under 10 minutes.
- On the top bar, select Menu > Admin.
- On the left sidebar, select Overview > Users.
- Use the search bar to find the locked user.
- From the User administration dropdown select Unlock.
To unlock a locked user:
- SSH into your GitLab server.
Start a Ruby on Rails console:
## For Omnibus GitLab sudo gitlab-rails console -e production ## For installations from source sudo -u git -H bundle exec rails console -e production
Find the user to unlock. You can search by email or ID.
user = User.find_by(email: 'email@example.com')
user = User.where(id: 1).first
Unlock the user:
- Exit the console with Control+d
The user should now be able to log in.