Choosing a GitLab subscription
To choose the right GitLab subscription, choose an offering and a tier.
Choose a subscription
Choose which GitLab subscription suits your needs:
- GitLab SaaS: The GitLab software-as-a-service offering. You don’t need to install anything to use GitLab SaaS, you only need to sign up and start using GitLab straight away.
- GitLab Dedicated: A single-tenant SaaS service for highly regulated and large enterprises.
- GitLab self-managed: Install, administer, and maintain your own GitLab instance.
On a GitLab self-managed instance, a GitLab subscription provides the same set of features for all users. On GitLab SaaS, you can apply a subscription to a group namespace. You cannot apply a subscription to a personal namespace.
Choose a GitLab tier
Pricing is tier-based, allowing you to choose the features which fit your budget. For information on what features are available at each tier for each product, see the GitLab self-managed feature comparison.
Find your subscription
The following chart should help you determine your subscription model. Select the list item to go to the respective help page.
- See the tiers of GitLab Support.
- Submit a request through the Support Portal.
We also encourage all users to search our project trackers for known issues and existing feature requests in the GitLab project.
These issues are the best avenue for getting updates on specific product plans and for communicating directly with the relevant GitLab team members.