You can view some of the highlights from the last 10 GitLab versions in the What’s new feature. It lists new features available in different GitLab tiers.
All users can see the feature list, but the entries might differ depending on the subscription type:
- Features only available on GitLab.com are not shown to self-managed installations.
Features only available to self-managed installations are not shown on GitLab.com.For self-managed installations, the updated What’s new is included in the first patch release after a new version, such as
To access the What’s new feature:
- On the left sidebar, at the bottom, select Help ().
- Select What’s new from the menu.
You can configure What’s new to display features based on the tier, or you can hide it. To configure it:
- On the left sidebar, select Search or go to.
- Select Admin Area.
- On the left sidebar, select Settings > Preferences.
Expand What’s new, and choose one of the following options:
Option Description Enable What’s new: All tiers Presents new features from all tiers. Enable What’s new: Current tier only Presents new features for your current subscription tier, and hides new features outside of your tier. Disable What’s new Disables this feature, so it no longer displays under the icon.
- Select Save changes.