- Package information
- Running on a low-resource device (like a Raspberry Pi)
- Omnibus GitLab developer documentation
Omnibus GitLab is a way to package different services and tools required to run GitLab, so that most users can install it without laborious configuration.
- Checking the versions of bundled software
- Package defaults
- Components included
- Deprecated Operating Systems
- Signed Packages
- Deprecation Policy
- Licenses of bundled dependencies
For installation details, see Installing Omnibus GitLab.
You can run GitLab on supported low-resource computers like the Raspberry Pi 3, but you must tune the settings to work best with the available resources. Check out the documentation for suggestions on what to adjust.
- Get service status
- Starting and stopping
- Invoking Rake tasks
- Starting a Rails console session
- Starting a PostgreSQL superuser
- Container registry garbage collection
- Configuring the external URL
- Configuring a relative URL for GitLab (experimental)
- Storing Git data in an alternative directory
- Changing the name of the Git user group
- Specify numeric user and group identifiers
- Only start Omnibus GitLab services after a given file system is mounted
- Disable user and group account management
- Disable storage directory management
- Configuring Rack attack
- Reply by email
- Environment variables
- GitLab and Registry
- Configuring an asset proxy server
- Image scaling
- Upgrade guidance, including supported upgrade paths.
- Upgrade from Community Edition to Enterprise Edition
- Update to the latest version
- Downgrade to an earlier version
- Upgrade from a non-Omnibus installation to an Omnibus installation using a backup
- Upgrade from non-Omnibus PostgreSQL to an Omnibus installation in-place
- Upgrade from non-Omnibus MySQL to an Omnibus installation (version 6.8+)
- Update from GitLab 6.6 and higher to 7.10 or newer
- Update from GitLab 6.6.0.pre1 to 6.6.4
- Update from GitLab CI version prior to 5.4.0 to the latest version
- Hash Sum mismatch when downloading packages
The requested URL returned error: 403.
- GitLab is unreachable in my browser.
- Emails are not being delivered.
- Reconfigure freezes at ruby_block[supervise_redis_sleep] action run.
- TCP ports for GitLab services are already taken.
- Git SSH access stops working on SELinux-enabled systems.
FATAL: could not create shared memory segment: Cannot allocate memory.
- Reconfigure complains about the GLIBC version.
- Reconfigure fails to create the Git user.
- Failed to modify kernel parameters with sysctl.
- I am unable to install Omnibus GitLab without root access.
gitlab-rake assets:precompilefails with
Short read or OOM loading DBerror.
pg_dump: aborting because of server version mismatch
Errno::ENOMEM: Cannot allocate memoryduring backup or upgrade
- NGINX error:
could not build server_names_hash
- Reconfigure fails due to
'root' cannot chownwith NFS root_squash
See the development documentation