With file finder, you can search for a file in a repository directly from the GitLab UI.
File finder is powered by the
fuzzaldrin-plus library, which uses fuzzy search and highlights results as you type.
To search for a file:
- On the left sidebar, select Search or go to and find your project.
- Select Code > Repository.
- In the upper right, select Find file.
- In the search box, start typing the filename.
- From the dropdown list, select the file.
To go to file finder, you can also press t anywhere in your project. To go back to Files, press Esc.
To narrow down your results, include
/ in your search.