The Discord Notifications integration sends event notifications from GitLab to the channel for which the webhook was created.
To send GitLab event notifications to a Discord channel, create a webhook in Discord and configure it in GitLab.
- Open the Discord channel you want to receive GitLab event notifications.
- From the channel menu, select Edit channel.
- Select Integrations.
- If there are no existing webhooks, select Create Webhook. Otherwise, select View Webhooks then New Webhook.
- Enter the name of the bot to post the message.
- Optional. Edit the avatar.
- Copy the URL from the WEBHOOK URL field.
- Select Save.
Event webhook overrides introduced in GitLab 16.3.
With the webhook URL created in the Discord channel, you can set up the Discord Notifications integration in GitLab.
- On the left sidebar, select Search or go to and find your project.
- Select Settings > Integrations.
- Select Discord Notifications.
- Ensure that the Active toggle is enabled.
- Paste the webhook URL that you created earlier into the Webhook field.
- Select the checkboxes corresponding to the GitLab events for which you want to send notifications to Discord.
- Optionally for each checkbox that you select, enter a new Discord webhook URL that you have configured to override the default one in the Webhook field.
- Configure the remaining options and select the Save changes button.
The Discord channel you created the webhook for now receives notification of the GitLab events that were configured.