- Relationships between epics and issues
- Roadmap in epics
- Related topics
When issues share a theme across projects and milestones, you can manage them by using epics.
You can also create child epics and assign start and end dates, which creates a visual roadmap for you to view progress.
- When your team is working on a large feature that involves multiple discussions in different issues in different projects in a group.
- To track when the work for the group of issues is targeted to begin and end.
- To discuss and collaborate on feature ideas and scope at a high level.
The possible relationships between epics and issues are:
- An epic is the parent of one or more issues.
- An epic is the parent of one or more child epics. For details see Multi-level child epics.
Also, read more about possible planning hierarchies.
You can add issues from a different group hierarchy to an epic. To do it, paste the issue URL when adding an existing issue.
- Manage epics and multi-level child epics.
- Link related epics based on a type of relationship.
- Create workflows with epic boards.
- Turn on notifications for about epic events.
- Add an emoji reaction to an epic or its comments.
- Collaborate on an epic by posting comments in a thread.
- Use health status to track your progress.