Escalation Policies protect your company from missed critical alerts. Escalation Policies contain time-boxed steps that automatically page the next responder in the escalation step if the responder in the previous step has not responded. You can create an escalation policy in the GitLab project where you manage On-call schedules.
If you have at least Maintainer permissions, you can create an escalation policy:
- Go to Operations > Escalation Policies and select Add an escalation policy.
- In the Add escalation policy form, enter the policy’s name and description, and create escalation rules to follow when a primary responder misses an alert.
- Select Add escalation policy.
Follow these steps to update an escalation policy:
- Go to Operations > Escalation Policies and select the Pencil icon on the top right of the policy card, across from the policy name.
- In the Edit policy form, edit the information you wish to update.
- Select the Edit policy button to save your changes.
Follow these steps to delete a policy:
- Go to Operations > Escalation Policies and select the Trash Can icon on the top right of the policy card.
- In the Delete escalation policy window, select the Delete escalation policy button.