Introduced in GitLab 14.1
This integration enables you to send CI/CD pipeline and job information to Datadog. Datadog’s CI Visibility product helps you monitor for job failures and performance issues, then troubleshoot them. It’s based on Webhooks, and only requires configuration on GitLab.
Users with the Administrator role can configure the integration at the project, group, or instance level:
- If you do not have a Datadog API key:
- Sign in to Datadog.
- Go to the Integrations section.
- Generate an API key in the APIs tab. Copy this value, as you need it in a later step.
- For project-level or group-level integrations: In GitLab, go to your project or group.
For instance-level integrations:
- Sign in to GitLab as a user with the Administrator role.
- On the top bar, select Menu > Admin.
- In the left sidebar, select Settings > Integrations.
- Scroll to Add an integration, and select Datadog.
- Select Active to enable the integration.
- Specify the Datadog site to send data to.
- (Optional) To override the API URL used to send data directly, provide an API URL. Used only in advanced scenarios.
- Provide your Datadog API key.
- (Optional) If you use more than one GitLab instance, provide a unique Service name to differentiate between your GitLab instances.
- (Optional) If you use groups of GitLab instances (such as staging and production environments), provide an Env name. This value is attached to each span the integration generates.
- (Optional) Select Test settings to test your integration.
- Select Save changes.
When the integration sends data, you can view it in the CI Visibility section of your Datadog account.
- Datadog’s CI Visibility documentation.