Introduced in GitLab 12.5.
You can limit the number of inbound alerts for incidents that can be created in a period of time. The inbound incident management alert limit can help prevent overloading your incident responders by reducing the number of alerts or duplicate issues.
As an example, if you set a limit of
10 requests every
11 requests are sent to an alert integration endpoint within one minute,
the eleventh request is blocked. Access to the endpoint is allowed again after one minute.
This limit is:
- Applied independently per project.
- Not applied per IP address.
- Disabled by default.
Requests that exceed the limit are logged into
To set inbound incident management alert limits:
- On the left sidebar, select Search or go to.
- Select Admin Area.
- Select Settings > Network.
- Expand Incident Management Limits.
- Select the Enable Incident Management inbound alert limit checkbox.
- Optional. Input a custom value for Maximum requests per project per rate limit period. Default is 3600.
- Optional. Input a custom value for Rate limit period. Default is 3600 seconds.