Git LFS (Large File Storage) is a Git extension for handling large files. If you use Git LFS in your repository, common Git operations can generate many Git LFS requests. You can enforce general user and IP rate limits, but you can also override the general setting to enforce additional limits on Git LFS requests. This override can improve the security and durability of your web application. Aside from precedence, this configuration provides the same features as the general user and IP rate limits.
Git LFS rate limits are disabled by default. If enabled and configured, these limits supersede the general user and IP rate limits:
- On the left sidebar, select Search or go to.
- Select Admin Area.
- Select Settings > Network.
- Expand Git LFS Rate Limits.
- Select Enable authenticated Git LFS request rate limit.
- Enter a value for Max authenticated Git LFS requests per period per user.
- Enter a value for Authenticated Git LFS rate limit period in seconds.
- Select Save changes.