- Environment setup
- Deploying GitLab
- Upgrading GitLab
- Migrating from Omnibus GitLab to Kubernetes
Install GitLab on Kubernetes with the cloud native GitLab Helm chart.
In order to deploy GitLab on Kubernetes, the following are required:
- kubectl 1.13 or higher, compatible with your cluster (+/- 1 minor release from your cluster).
- Helm v2 (2.12 or higher, excluding 2.15) or v3 (3.0.2 or higher).
- A Kubernetes cluster, version 1.13 or higher. 8vCPU and 30GB of RAM is recommended.
Before proceeding to deploying GitLab, you need to prepare your environment.
kubectl need to be installed on your computer.
Follow the instructions to create and connect to the Kubernetes cluster of your choice:
- Google Kubernetes Engine
- Amazon EKS
- OpenShift Origin
- Azure Kubernetes Service
- VMware Tanzu - Documentation to be added.
- On-Premises solutions - Documentation to be added.
With the environment set up and configuration generated, you can now proceed to the deployment of GitLab.
If you are upgrading an existing Kubernetes installation, follow the upgrade documentation instead.
To migrate your existing Omnibus GitLab instance to your Kubernetes cluster, follow the migration documentation.