GitLab Helm chart
To install a cloud-native version of GitLab, use the GitLab Helm chart. This chart contains all the required components to get started and can scale to large deployments.
The default Helm chart configuration is not intended for production. The default chart creates a proof of concept (PoC) implementation where all GitLab services are deployed in the cluster. For production deployments, additional setup and configuration is required.
For a production deployment, you should have strong working knowledge of Kubernetes. This method of deployment has different management, observability, and concepts than traditional deployments.
The GitLab Helm chart is made up of multiple subcharts, each of which can be installed separately.
- Test the GitLab chart on GKE or EKS
- Migrate from Omnibus to the GitLab chart
- Prepare to deploy
- View deployment options
- Configure globals
- View the subcharts
- View advanced configuration options
- View architectural decisions
- Contribute to development by viewing the developer documentation and contribution guidelines
- Create an issue
- Create a merge request
- View troubleshooting information