To install GitLab in a cloud-native environment, use the GitLab Helm chart. This chart contains all the required components to get started and can scale to large deployments.
Use this installation method if your infrastructure is built on Kubernetes and you’re familiar with how it works. This method of deployment has different management, observability, and concepts than traditional deployments.
The GitLab Helm chart includes all the components for a complete deployment.
The GitLab Helm chart is made up of multiple subcharts, each of which can be installed separately.
- Core GitLab components:
- Optional dependencies:
- Optional additions:
- Test the GitLab chart on GKE or EKS.
- Migrate from Omnibus to the GitLab chart.
- Prepare to deploy.
- Configure globals.
- View deployment options.
- View advanced configuration options.
- View architectural decisions.
- Contribute to development by viewing the developer documentation and contribution guidelines.
- Create an issue.
- Create a merge request.
- View troubleshooting information.