work_items. On GitLab.com, this feature is not available. The feature is not ready for production use.
Use tasks to track steps needed for the issue to be closed.
When planning an issue, you need a way to capture and break down technical requirements or steps necessary to complete it. An issue with related tasks is better defined, and so you can provide a more accurate issue weight and completion criteria.
Tasks are a type of work item, a step towards default issue types in GitLab. For the roadmap of migrating issues and epics to work items and adding custom work item types, visit epic 6033 or Plan direction page.
To create a task:
- In an issue description, create a task list.
- Hover over a task item and select Convert to work item ().
- Confirm or edit the title, and select Create work item.
To edit a task:
- In the issue description, view the task links.
- Select a link. The task is displayed.
- To edit the description, select Edit, then select Save.
- To edit the title or state, make your changes, then click outside the field. The changes are saved automatically.
To delete a task:
- In the issue description, select the task.
- From the options menu (), select Delete work item.