From September 15, 2022, namespaces in GitLab.com on the Free tier will be limited to five (5) members per namespace. This limit applies to top-level groups and personal namespaces.
In a personal namespace, the limit applies across all projects in your personal namespace.
On the transition date, if your namespace has six or more unique members:
- Five members will keep a status of
- Remaining members will get a status of
Over limitand lose access to the group.
- Members invited through a group or project invitation outside of the namespace will be removed. You can add these members back by inviting them through their username or email address on the Members page for your group or project.
On the transition date, we’ll automatically select the members who keep their
in the following order, until we reach a total of five:
- Members with the Owner or Maintainer role.
- The most recently active members.
To help manage your free user limit, you can view and manage the total number of members across all projects and groups in your namespace.
- You must have the Owner role for the group.
- On the top bar, select Menu > Groups and find your group.
- On the left sidebar, select Settings > Usage Quotas.
- To view all members, select the Seats tab.
- To remove a member, select Remove user.
If you need more time to manage your members, or to try GitLab features with a team of more than five members, you can start a trial. A trial lasts for 30 days and includes an unlimited number of members.