- Ensure your GitLab installation does not use a relative URL.
- For Jira Server, ensure you have a Jira username and password. See authentication in Jira.
- For Jira on Atlassian cloud, ensure you have an API token and the email address you used to create the token. See authentication in Jira.
To configure your project:
- On the top bar, select Menu > Projects and find your project.
- On the left sidebar, select Settings > Integrations.
- Select Jira.
- Select Enable integration.
- Select Trigger actions. Your choice determines whether a mention of Jira issue (in a GitLab commit, merge request, or both) creates a cross-link in Jira back to GitLab.
- To comment in the Jira issue when a Trigger action is made in GitLab, select Enable comments.
- To transition Jira issues when a closing reference is made in GitLab, select Enable Jira transitions.
- Provide Jira configuration information:
Web URL: The base URL to the Jira instance web interface you’re linking to
this GitLab project, such as
Jira API URL: The base URL to the Jira instance API, such as
https://jira-api.example.com. Defaults to the Web URL value if not set. Leave blank if using Jira on Atlassian cloud.
Username or Email:
For Jira Server, use
username. For Jira on Atlassian cloud, use
passwordfor Jira Server or
API tokenfor Jira on Atlassian cloud.
- Web URL: The base URL to the Jira instance web interface you’re linking to this GitLab project, such as
To enable users to view Jira issues inside the GitLab project, select Enable Jira issues and enter a Jira project key.
You can display issues only from a single Jira project in a given GitLab project.If you enable Jira issues with this setting, all users with access to this GitLab project can view all issues from the specified Jira project.
- To enable issue creation for vulnerabilities, select Enable Jira issue creation from vulnerabilities.
- Select the Jira issue type. If the dropdown is empty, select refresh () and try again.
- To verify the Jira connection is working, select Test settings.
- Select Save changes.
Your GitLab project can now interact with all Jira projects in your instance and the project now displays a Jira link that opens the Jira project.