These instructions assume you have a working instance of GitLab. They guide you through:
- Making your existing instance the primary site.
- Adding secondary site(s).
If you installed GitLab using the Omnibus packages (highly recommended):
- Install GitLab Enterprise Edition on the node(s) that will serve as the secondary site. Do not create an account or log in to the new secondary site.
- Upload the GitLab License on the primary site to unlock Geo. The license must be for GitLab Premium or higher.
Set up the database replication (
primary (read-write) <-> secondary (read-only)topology).
- Configure fast lookup of authorized SSH keys in the database. This step is required and needs to be done on both the primary and secondary site(s).
- Configure GitLab to set the primary and secondary site(s).
- Optional: Configure a secondary LDAP server for the secondary site(s). See notes on LDAP.
- Follow the Using a Geo Site guide.
After installing GitLab on the secondary site(s) and performing the initial configuration, see the following documentation for post-installation information.