- Environment setup
- Deploying GitLab
- Upgrading GitLab
- Migrate from or to the GitLab Helm chart
Install GitLab on Kubernetes with the cloud native GitLab Helm chart.
To deploy GitLab on Kubernetes, the following are required:
1.16or higher, compatible with your cluster (+/- 1 minor release from your cluster).
- Helm v3 (3.3.1 or higher).
A Kubernetes cluster, version 1.16 or higher. 8vCPU and 30GB of RAM is recommended.
- Please refer to our Cloud Native Hybrid reference architectures for the cluster topology recommendations for the specific environment sizes.
Before proceeding to deploying GitLab, you need to prepare your environment.
kubectl need to be installed on your computer.
Follow the instructions to create and connect to the Kubernetes cluster of your choice:
- Amazon EKS
- Azure Kubernetes Service
- Google Kubernetes Engine
- Oracle Container Engine for Kubernetes
- VMware Tanzu - Documentation to be added.
- On-Premises solutions - Documentation to be added.
With the environment set up and configuration generated, you can now proceed to the deployment of GitLab.
If you are upgrading an existing Kubernetes installation, follow the upgrade documentation instead.
To migrate your existing GitLab Linux package installation to your Kubernetes cluster, or vice versa, follow the migration documentation.