- Ensure your GitLab installation does not use a relative URL.
- For Jira Server, ensure you have a Jira username and password. See authentication in Jira.
- For Jira on Atlassian cloud, ensure you have an API token and the email address you used to create the token. See authentication in Jira.
To configure your project:
- Go to your project and select Settings > Integrations.
- Select Jira.
- Select Enable integration.
- Select Trigger actions. Your choice determines whether a mention of Jira issue (in a GitLab commit, merge request, or both) creates a cross-link in Jira back to GitLab.
- To comment in the Jira issue when a Trigger action is made in GitLab, select Enable comments.
- To transition Jira issues when a closing reference is made in GitLab, select Enable Jira transitions.
- Provide Jira configuration information:
Web URL: The base URL to the Jira instance web interface you’re linking to
this GitLab project, such as
Jira API URL: The base URL to the Jira instance API, such as
https://jira-api.example.com. Defaults to the Web URL value if not set. Leave blank if using Jira on Atlassian cloud.
Username or Email:
For Jira Server, use
username. For Jira on Atlassian cloud, use
passwordfor Jira Server or
API tokenfor Jira on Atlassian cloud.
- Web URL: The base URL to the Jira instance web interface you’re linking to this GitLab project, such as
To enable users to view Jira issues inside the GitLab project , select Enable Jira issues and enter a Jira project key.
You can display issues only from a single Jira project in a given GitLab project.If you enable Jira issues with this setting, all users with access to this GitLab project can view all issues from the specified Jira project.
- To enable issue creation for vulnerabilities , select Enable Jira issues creation from vulnerabilities.
- Select the Jira issue type. If the dropdown is empty, select refresh () and try again.
- To verify the Jira connection is working, select Test settings.
- Select Save changes.
Your GitLab project can now interact with all Jira projects in your instance and the project now displays a Jira link that opens the Jira project.