The Security Configuration page displays the configuration state of each security control in the current project.
To view a project’s security configuration, go to the project’s home page, then in the left sidebar go to Security & Compliance > Configuration.
For each security control the page displays:
- Security Control: Name, description, and a documentation link.
- Status: The security control’s status (enabled, not enabled, or available).
- Manage: A management option or a documentation link.
The status of each security control is determined by the project’s latest default branch CI pipeline. If a job with the expected security report artifact exists in the pipeline, the feature’s status is enabled.
If the latest pipeline used Auto DevOps, all security features are configured by default.
For SAST, click View history to see the
.gitlab-ci.yml file’s history.
You can configure the following security controls:
- Auto DevOps
- Click Enable Auto DevOps to enable it for the current project. For more details, see Auto DevOps.
- Click either Enable or Configure to use SAST for the current project. For more details, see Configure SAST in the UI.
- DAST Profiles
- Click Manage to manage the available DAST profiles used for on-demand scans. For more details, see DAST on-demand scans.