ChatOps on GitLab.com allows GitLab team members to run various automation tasks on GitLab.com using Slack.
GitLab team-members may need access to Chatops on GitLab.com for administration tasks such as:
- Configuring feature flags.
EXPLAINqueries against the GitLab.com production replica.
- Get deployment status of all of our environments or for a specific commit:
/chatops run auto_deploy status [commit_sha]
To request access to Chatops on GitLab.com:
- Log into https://ops.gitlab.net/users/sign_in using the same username as for GitLab.com (you may have to rename it).
- You could also use the “Sign in with” Google button to sign in, with your GitLab.com email address.
- Ask one of your team members to add you to the
chatopsproject in Ops. They can do it by running
/chatops run member add <username> gitlab-com/chatops --opscommand in the
- If you had to change your username for GitLab.com on the first step, make sure to reflect this information on the team page.