Introduced in GitLab 11.6.
The Discord Notifications service sends event notifications from GitLab to the channel for which the webhook was created.
To send GitLab event notifications to a Discord channel, create a webhook in Discord and configure it in GitLab.
- Open the Discord channel you want to receive GitLab event notifications.
- From the channel menu, select Edit channel.
- Click on Webhooks menu item.
- Click the Create Webhook button and fill in the name of the bot to post the messages. Optionally, edit the avatar.
- Note the URL from the WEBHOOK URL field.
- Click the Save button.
With the webhook URL created in the Discord channel, you can set up the Discord Notifications service in GitLab.
- Navigate to the Integrations page in your project’s settings. That is, Project > Settings > Integrations.
- Select the Discord Notifications integration to configure it.
- Ensure that the Active toggle is enabled.
- Check the checkboxes corresponding to the GitLab events for which you want to send notifications to Discord.
- Paste the webhook URL that you copied from the create Discord webhook step.
- Configure the remaining options and click the Save changes button.
The Discord channel you created the webhook for now receives notification of the GitLab events that were configured.