With each monthly release, GitLab includes some of the highlights from the last 10 GitLab versions in the What’s new feature. To access it:
- In the top navigation bar, select the icon.
- Select What’s new from the menu.
The What’s new describes new features available in multiple GitLab tiers. While all users can see the feature list, the feature list is tailored to your subscription type:
- Features only available to self-managed installations are not shown on GitLab.com.
- Features only available on GitLab.com are not shown to self-managed installations.
Due to our release post process, the content for What’s new is not yet finalized
when a new version (
.0 release) is cut. The updated What’s new is included
in the first patch release, such as
You can configure the What’s new variant:
- Navigate to Admin Area > Settings > Preferences, then expand What’s new.
Choose one of the following options:
Option Description Enable What’s new: All tiers What’s new presents new features from all tiers to help you keep track of all new features. Enable What’s new: Current tier only What’s new presents new features for your current subscription tier, while hiding new features not available to your subscription tier. Disable What’s new What’s new is disabled and can no longer be viewed.
- Save your changes.