To profile a request:
- Sign in to GitLab as a user with Administrator or Maintainer permissions.
- In the navigation bar, click Admin area.
- Go to Monitoring > Requests Profiles.
- In the Requests Profiles section, copy the token.
Pass the headers
memory) to the request you want to profile. When passing headers, you can use:
- Browser extensions such as the ModHeader Chrome extension.
curl. For example:
curl --header 'X-Profile-Token: <token>' --header 'X-Profile-Mode: <mode>' "https://gitlab.example.com/group/project"
Profiled requests can take longer than usual.
After the request completes, you can view the profiling output from the Monitoring > Requests Profiles administration page:
The output from profiled requests is cleared out once each day through a Sidekiq worker.