Git is a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to large projects with speed and efficiency.
We’ve gathered some resources to help you to get the best from Git with GitLab.
More information is also available on the Git website.
The following resources will help you get started with Git:
- Git-ing started with Git, a video introduction to Git.
- Git Basics
- Git on the Server - GitLab
- How to install Git
- Start using Git on the command line
- Command Line basic commands
- GitLab Git Cheat Sheet (download)
The following are resources about version control concepts:
- Git concepts
- Why Git is Worth the Learning Curve
- The future of SaaS hosted Git repository pricing
- Git website topic about version control
- GitLab University presentation about Version Control
The following resources may help you become more efficient at using Git:
- Useful Git commands collected by the GitLab support team.
- Git Tips & Tricks
- Eight Tips to help you work better with Git
If you have problems with Git, the following may help:
The following are advanced topics for those who want to get the most out of Git:
Gitignore templates API allow for Git-related queries from GitLab.
The following relate to Git Large File Storage: