- Project settings
You can adjust your project settings by navigating to your project's homepage and clicking Settings.
Adjust your project's path and name, description, avatar, default branch, and tags:
Add an issue description template to your project, so that every new issue will start with a custom template.
Set up your project's merge request settings:
- Set up the merge request method (merge commit, fast-forward merge).
- Merge request description templates.
- Enable merge request approvals, available in GitLab Enterprise Edition Starter.
- Enable merge only of pipeline succeeds.
- Enable merge only when all discussions are resolved.
Learn how to export a project in GitLab.
Here you can run housekeeping, archive, rename, transfer, or remove a project.
Note: Only Project Owners and Admin users have the permission to archive a project
It's possible to mark a project as archived via the Project Settings. An archived project will be hidden by default in the project listings.
An archived project can be fully restored and will therefore retain it's repository and all associated resources whilst in an archived state.