- User account
When signed into their GitLab account, users can customize their experience according to the best approach to their cases.
There are several ways to sign into your GitLab account. See the authentication topic for more details.
Your profile is available from the up-right corner menu bar (user's avatar) > Profile,
On your profile page, you will see the following information:
- Personal information
- Activity stream: see your activity streamline and the history of your contributions
- Groups: groups you're a member of
- Contributed projects: projects you contributed to
- Personal projects: your personal projects (respecting the project's visibility level)
- Snippets: your personal code snippets
You can edit your account settings by navigating from the up-right corner menu bar
(user's avatar) > Settings, or visiting
From there, you can:
- Update your personal information
- Manage 2FA
- Change your username and delete your account
- Manage applications that can use GitLab as an OAuth provider
- Manage personal access tokens to access your account via API and authorized applications
- Add and delete emails linked to your account
- Manage SSH keys to access your account via SSH
- Manage your preferences to customize your own GitLab experience
- Access your audit log, a security log of important events involving your account
To change your
- Navigate to your profile's Settings > Account.
- Enter a new username under "Change username".
- Hit Update username.
When signing in to the main GitLab application, a
_gitlab_session cookie is
_gitlab_session is cleared client-side when you close your browser
and expires after "Application settings -> Session duration (minutes)"/
10080 minutes = 7 days).
When signing in to the main GitLab application, you can also check the
"Remember me" option which sets the
remember_user_token expires after
config.remember_for (defaults to 2 weeks).
_gitlab_session expires or isn't available, GitLab uses the
to get you a new
_gitlab_session and keep you signed in through browser restarts.
remember_user_token expires and your
_gitlab_session is cleared/expired,
you will be asked to sign in again to verify your identity (which is for security reasons).